Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
ZUIDNATIE, the trade name behind Zuidnatie NV, Zuidnatie Breakbulk NV and their affiliated companies such as but not limited to Becomar NV , Flatraco BV and Zuidnatie Transport Services NV – all with head office located at Antwerpsebaan 1, 2040 Antwerp, respects everyone’s privacy and could be responsible for the processing of personal data.
ZUIDNATIE manages your personal data in a responsible and secure manner, and this in accordance with the GDPR (“General Data Protection Regulation”) legislation that came into effect on May 25, 2018. This Privacy Statement informs everyone about the possible processing of personal data and how it is respected. For more information, please consult the website of the European Commission on Data Protection (www.ec.europa.eu).
Who is this privacy statement for?
This privacy statement relates to the processing of personal data of third-party visitors (including solicitants) at ZUIDNATIE , who exchange data with ZUIDNATIE and its employees in the context of their professional contacts or job applications.
What is the processing of personal data?
Processing of personal data is understood to mean: “any possible processing that is carried out on that data, such as collection, storage, use, modification and communication”. This also results in any way of collating, archiving, making available or deleting personal data.
ZUIDNATIE will only process and use such data according to the intended purpose of communication, including compiling and saving professional contact information (‘business cards’) or to analyze the suitability-capability of a candidate for certain vacancies (‘curriculum vitae’), such as:
- Marital status;
- References & Education;
- Date & place of birth;
- Identification data (name, first name,…);
- Contact details (e-mail, telephone, address, …).
- By applying for a job at ZUIDNATIE, your personal data will be saved. This data is only processed and stored in a database under the management of the HR department, and always handled with appropriate discretion.
How is your personal data collected?
- Personal data could be obtained in various ways, such as:
- By communication with/through a recruitment and selection agency;
- By visiting the ZUIDNATIE website and filling in the application form;
- By applying/sending an e-mail by yourself (spontaneously).
How is your personal data being secured?
ZUIDNATIE undertakes to secure its digital information platforms (‘IT infrastructure’) against unauthorized access as per common market practice. All collected personal data is being stored within the own ICT environment. Consequently, ZUIDNATIE uses firewalls, anti-virus software, encryption and access control to prevent misuse and loss of data. In case of unlawful access to personal data, the respective owners will be notified.
ZUIDNATIE’s employee ‘s having access to personal information, through the performance of their tasks/duties, adhere to a policy of confidentiality. With third parties who process your personal data on behalf of ZUIDNATIE, appropriate agreements are being undersigned in among others in view of confidentiality and protection (of personal data).
What rights do you have and how can you exercise them?
The rights below apply:
- Access to your personal data;
- Deletion of personal data (‘Right to be forgotten’);
- Improvement / addition of your personal data;
- Deletion of your personal data;
- Restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Transferability of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- If you have a particular request or complaint is, please address yourself to your ZUIDNATIE contact or the ZUIDNATIE HR department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Provision of personal data to third parties
How long will your personal data be stored?
Personal (and job application) data is not kept longer than strictly necessary (maximum six months for job applications ). Is it preferable to store personal data for a longer period of time, for instance in view of being part of a ‘job application pool’? This can then be confirmed in writing to ZUIDNATIE HR for an additional period of up to six months.